Affiliate Summit Europe 2018 took place on February 6 and 7, 2018 at the InterContinental Hotel – The O2, returning to London for the first time in 11 years.
Here, we reflect on what happened at the event, focusing on some of our favorite moments. Many new features were experienced at ASEuro18, such as the GDPR drop-in clinic and Interactive Roundtables, in addition to classic Affiliate Summit aspects, most-known, the Meet Market.
The event kick-started with the Keynote Address by Alex Hunter, former Head of Online Marketing at Virgin Group. Alex shared digital strategy advice to help improve brand online placement and the customers’ experience.
This was followed by the Headline Panel Session where the group discussed innovation and opportunities in the affiliate marketing industry. The session was moderated by Max Pepe, VP Marketing at AdinCube and consisted of five great speakers, including:
- Keith Posehn, Head of Performance Partnerships, Uber
- Helen Milestone, Head of Digital Marketing, Thomas Cook Airlines
- Marie-Louise Abretti, Head of Partnerships, uSwitch Ltd
- Priest Willis, Senior Manager – Global Affiliate Manager, Lenovo
- Helen Southgate, Managing Director, UK, Acceleration Partners
Interactive Roundtables were new to ASEuro18 and were a great success as people had time to discuss their thoughts, opinions and queries in greater depth with industry experts. The Roundtables included:
- Table One: Innovation and emerging technologies. Hosted by Duncan Popham, Managing Director, Total Digital
- Table Two: Scaling globally. Hosted by Jules Bazley, Regional Vice President, CJ Affiliate
- Table Three: Measurement and attribution. Hosted by Todd Crawford, VP Strategic Initiatives, Impact Radius
- Table Four: Brand safety and self-regulation. Hosted by Darryn Hall, Founder, Dynamic Path
- Table Five: Attracting new publishers. Hosted by Emily Brown, Head of Customer Services EMEA, Performance Horizon
- Table Six: AI. Hosted by Max Pepe, VP Marketing, AdinCube
GDPR drop-in clinic where attendees could book a 30 minute session with one of our GDPR experts to discuss any queries on how to keep their business compliant with the new regulations. The drop-in clinic was hosted by Yves Schwarzbart, Head of Policy and Regulatory Affairs, IAB UK and Darryn Hall, Founder, Dynamic Path.
The legendary Meet Market saw 6 hours of busy networking amongst hundreds of affiliates, advertisers, networks and other traffic sources. It is always great to see lots of business being generated, and a few beers were enjoyed at the Pub Crawl too. Thank you to our 5 sponsors; HasOffers, Sentient, HasTraffic, Billoid and LeadsPedia, for supporting our favourite networking session.